The Apple released the iOS 14.7.1 to the public after last week release and update of the operating system iOS version 14.7. The new version was urgently released to fix an issue with unlocking the Apple Watch via the iPhone and to address a serious security hole that may have already been actively exploited.
Taking into account the short interval between these two recent iOS updates, we can once again realize that Apple is vastly quick to detect and fix the issues that can have the greatest impact on the user’s life.
In short, iOS 14.7.1 fixes an issue where Touch ID iPhone models were not able to unlock an Apple Watch paired with it via the Unlock with iPhone functionality. The update also resolves several security issues and the American Tech Giant recommends that all users install this version as soon as possible.
How to Download and Install Apple’s iOS 14.7.1
- Make sure you have at least 50% battery power on your iPhone – connect your smartphone to a charger if you don’t have it.
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network
- Navigate to Settings – General – Software Update on your iPhone
- Click Download and Install when the notification appears and follow the on-screen prompts.
- If the update notification does not appear immediately, activate and deactivate Automatic Updates again.
Apple also mentions that the security update is of vital importance for all models after the iPhone 6s, so if you have a branded smartphone compatible with the new version of iOS, you shouldn’t hesitate to install it.