Root means Administration. In the world of Linux, root means a permission, Which makes the user omnipotent (Of course only on that computer, device or server!). Root is a permission. With this permission the user can do whatever he wants on that device.
Windows operating system users cannot work with system files without Administrator privilege(Which are usually in C drive). Similarly in Linux, system administration work cannot be done without a user with root permission. Anyone who can do whatever he wants on a Linux-powered computer or server, or who has permission to do anything, is called a root user. It is also often referred to as a superuser.
The word has become so common that the user is addressed as root instead of root user. That is, if you are a root access user of your Linux operating system, then you are root.
After hearing to all these things that have been going on in your head for so long, You may think that I have come to know about Android root-unroot, but since then, why is this person talking about Linux and Linux? Hmmm, that’s because the Android operating system is based on the Linux kernel. If you are using Linux based operating system on your computer, then after rooting Android you will see file system (root partition) on Android just like on computer.
Now why do you root Android device?
The reasons for root Android device vary from person to person. Some root to increase the performance of the device or to free up the internal memory, some root to increase the speed of the device by overclocking, some root to use different custom ROMs made by independent developers, some root to re-root.
Advantages of Android Root
- Performance Increase: Regularly delete unused files, temporary files etc. of the device using various applications to keep the speed of the phone right.
- Overclocking: CPU speed to work faster than normal. This can be done if you need to increase the speed of the processor for a particular task.
- Underclocking: When the device is not in use, the CPU should not work unnecessarily to reduce its working capacity. It is possible to increase the battery backup.
- Custom UI: The design of your user’s home screen, lock screen, menu, etc., different user interfaces may not look good after a while. Then you can bring innovation to the device through all the new custom user interfaces. These are also called rom in other words.
- Custom Rom: Many developers create custom ROMs for various popular devices. Root give advantage to install Custom Rom. By installing these ROMs, you can make your set look like a whole new set. From the outside, of course, its wings will not grow or the camera will not be 5 megapixels to 8 megapixels, but the interior design and performance will also change radically.
Some Most Popular Custom Rom on XDA Developers
Disadvantages of Android Root
- Lose Warranty: Rooting the device will void your warranty. So be careful before rooting. Of course many phones can be unrooted again. And when the phone is unrooted, the technicians at the service center often do not realize that the phone was rooted. However, if you have a custom ROM, there is no way to avoid getting caught.
- Brick Phones: Phone brick means losing the ability to work on your phone. Permanent or temporary problems can occur on the phone if it is a little sideways during rooting and various subsequent activities. The company that makes your phone unroots the phone so that it is not damaged. By rooting you are breaking that certainty.
This was the story of the root, now what is unroot?
Unroot is the opposite of Android Root. This means that after purchasing your device, its operating system will be restored to its factory default state. After unrooting, you will not get the benefits that you used to enjoy while being rooted.
The method of rooting each android device is different. Again, the Android version is different. If you do not need to root and do not have a clear idea of what you are doing, stay away from root-unroot.
Read more about Rooting
More Post: 4 Reasons Why iPhone so Expensive!
Our Facebook Page: Goriber Tech